Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 19, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position Summary:Position is responsible for providing overall
accounting support for the assigned business unit(s); including
safeguarding of assets and ensuring compliance with all regulatory
and corporate reporting and accounting requirements - reports
directly to Controller.Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements.
- Comply with PCC SOX Control and Testing Requirements.
- Support month-end closing activities and internal / external
- Prepares manual journal entries, completes account
reconciliations, and reviews perpetual inventory records.
- Prepares daily flex report / interfaces with Operations staff
to refine flex report accuracy.
- Assists in the preparation activities of the Accounting
Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial
management reports including, but not limited to, daily reporting,
internal and external monthly financial statements, monthly
forecasts and annual budgets.
- Works with Assistant Controller to set standard costs / perform
weekly reconciliation of variances to standard.
- Interfaces with Operations weekly to ensure timely processing
of work orders.
- Responsible for documentation of SOX process and control
activities via narratives, matrices, and test scripts.
- Audit and test SOX controls to ensure that they are performed
as required and are in accordance with test scripts/control
objectives and within budgeted time allowed.
- Maintain a library of SOX documentation including narratives,
test scripts, and risk matrices.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assignedRequired Skills:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration,
organization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze problems and identify
- Ability to prioritize a heavy work schedule.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; working
knowledge of JD Edwards preferred.
- Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley regulationsRequired
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience in a manufacturing
environmentLevel of Education:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in finance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Gardena , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!