Propulsion Service Engineer - Mid Career
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Here at Boeing Seal Beach, we work hard around the clock to keep
those airplanes flying, and to continually raise the bar for
technical excellence, making our products the fastest and safest
means of transportation on the planet. As our company ventures into
its second century, our focus has never been stronger to provide a
superior level of customer support - integrating legacy know-how,
leveraging diverse cultures and ideas, and continuing to pave the
way with innovative technologies.You will be able to combine the
deep expertise and resources of the entire Boeing enterprise with
the flexibility and fast pace of a smaller company setting. You
will have opportunities to collaborate with people from all over
the world to create and deliver innovative solutions to complex
technical problems.The Seal Beach Southern California Customer
Support Center of Excellence is currently seeking a mid-career
Propulsion Service Engineer (Level 3) for our Engines and
Propulsion Systems team with knowledge of Boeing design and/or
engineering principles. The Propulsion Service Engineer is required
to assist airline customers in the resolution of in-service
technical problems and issues related to Propulsion and Engine
Systems and their installation.The initial job priorities will
include monitoring potential in-service risks and issues, and
managing appropriate mitigation plans to assure a successful entry
into service. Additional activities include verification of all
related Customer Support products, including the Aircraft
Maintenance Manual (AMM) and Fault Isolation Manual (FIM), as well
as developing and updating Fleet Team Digest (FTD) articles,
Service Letters (SL) and Maintenance Tips (MT). Qualified
individuals should have varied experience in engineering and,
preferably in service engineering, field service, maintenance
engineering, and/or customer/logistics support. Familiarity with
Engine Systems is desired, and knowledge of Propulsion Systems and
Installations is highly desired. Experience with My Boeing Fleet,
787 Maintenance Performance Toolbox, Airplane Health Management,
and responding to Service Requests via the Boeing Communication
System is not required but preferred.Position Responsibilities:
- Application of engineering principles to research technical,
operational and quality issues reported by airline customers and in
determining interim and final engineering solutions.
- Respond to airline questions and reported problems through
internal and external communication.
- Assess event reports for potential safety issues.
- Troubleshoot airplane problems using airline provided
information, on-line engineering data, partner and supplier data,
maintenance publications, and other resources.
- Develop and manage projects to resolve fleet issues.
- Develop presentation materials and present information on
in-service issues to various review boards, management meetings,
and airline forums.
- Participating in support teams and providing technical
assistance onsite at the airline location as required.
- Solves problems and provides technical customer support to
fielded hardware over the entire product lifecycle.**The position
requires flexibility to address emergent issues and important
airline meetings off-hours and may require an occasional off-shift
work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.**This
position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a -US Person- as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. -US Person- includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years' experience of full time aerospace industry experience
within Propulsion Systems
- US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is requiredPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing effective solutions in a demanding
environment while keeping a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated experience in time management and
- Experience with Engines, Propulsion systems, and their
- Experience with systems engineering
- Experience presenting technical topics.
- Customer support experience
- Supplier coordination experience
- Experience leading people and teams
- Experience working with a diverse community including design
engineering, airline customers, partners and suppliers,
manufacturing personnel, pilots and flight operations.
- Experience motivating and influencing othersTypical
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree
with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited
course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: BOEING, Gardena , Propulsion Service Engineer - Mid Career, Engineering , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!