Consultant Engineer Intern II
Company: FM Global
Posted on: November 12, 2021
More information about this job: Overview: Are you interested in
a career where you have the power to influence outcomes and make a
difference in the future - yours, your clients--, and the
company--s? When you join FM Global as an intern, you can bring
your engineering learning to life and learn how we help clients
neutralize potential disaster such as fires, explosions,
earthquakes, floods, and many others. If you enjoy variety, we will
put your time‐management and organization skills to use
through field visits, office work, and projects. We will have you
involved with special projects, job shadowing, and real work, both
in the office and out in the field. We will help deepen your
practical engineering knowledge and pave your road to success by
taking an immersive journey into our business. Explore our unique
business model and key differentiators through training, research,
and first-hand experience! Shadow employees in a range of
departments, attend meetings, and experience being a part of the FM
Global team. Gain exposure to our training program for consultant
engineers, access on-demand learning sessions across a range of
topics. Learn how to apply our loss prevention standards for FM
Global clients. Join our engineers in the field and live a "day in
the life" of a consultant engineer. Assist with special projects
and see how engineering data is used throughout the company.
Responsibilities: During the internship, you will be given
assignments of limited scope and complexity giving you the
opportunity to learn. The internship will provide the opportunity
- Participate in FM Global training to learn the fundamentals of
building construction, occupancy, protection, and exposures (COPE)
as it relates to risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Learn the fundamentals of fire protection systems.
- Trail FM Global Consultant Engineers during their visits to
commercial properties of varying complexity and learn how to
perform --hands‐on-- site assessments of the physical
property, including roofs.
- Review mechanical and electrical equipment operation,
installation, maintenance, and loss potential hazards.
- Make recommendations and/or engineering solutions to ensure
client understanding and agreement for risk improvement.
- Document risk analysis of locations visited.
- Lead and deliver a technical project to be determined by FM
- Shadow professionals in various departments within FM Global to
gain a holistic understanding of the company and engineering team.
Participate in professional development events with other interns
Qualifications: Successful Consultant Engineer Interns have the
- Plan to graduate with a bachelor's degree in engineering
(civil, chemical, mechanical, industrial, electrical, etc.) or fire
protection; able to demonstrate diverse knowledge of engineering
- Ability to work full time during summer internship and commute
to?assigned?operation throughout internship;
- Valid driver--s license and access to a vehicle throughout
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; good
analytical, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal
- Efficient time management skills; naturally inquisitive and
able to undertake and deliver projects;
- Physical ability to climb commercial ladders (ex. inspect
roofs), lift > 25 lbs., and some clients require working in
- Proficient in MS Office products. FM Global is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing,
and retaining a diverse workforce.
Keywords: FM Global, Gardena , Consultant Engineer Intern II, Engineering , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!