Chemical Process Engineer (Gardena, CA, US, 90249-2406)
Company: SGL Carbon
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Summary of Job: Design, procure, install, and maintain furnace
and acid leaching processing equipment to achieve safety, quality
and productivity requirements. Develop and maintain operational and
maintenance procedures relating to this equipment, including a
comprehensive preventive maintenance system. Assist and direct
maintenance workers in troubleshooting and to develop work-around
procedures in the event of equipment or system failures. Install,
maintain, upgrade and program PLC controllers. - Modify equipment
and control software to accommodate process changes. Plan and
implement changes to improve equipment reliability and minimize
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization as well as with customers and regulatory
- Requires well written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to effectively communicate at the shop floor level as well
as senior management.
- Knowledge of MS Office and current engineering and business
software (e.g. CAD, CATIA, and ERP systems).
- Requires experience with gas and liquid metering, flow control
and piping systems and very high temperature furnaces, including
induction, resistance and gas fire equipment.
- Position requires both analytical and problem solving skills,
who is familiar with a wide range of equipment and technologies.
- This position is critical to the proper functioning of the
Carbon/Carbon and acid leaching production facility. - The
equipment must function reliably to maintain safety, production
quality and schedules. - It differs from most facilities
engineering positions in that the furnaces and leaching equipment
are specialized and unique, as it it requires more equipment design
or modification effort rather than purchasing and installing
commercially available equipment.
- Requires knowledge of PLC, computer CAD, spreadsheet, word
processing and scheduling programs. Experiences:
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on
Instrumentation and Controls.
- Minimum 7 Year Experience with Industrial Process Controls
using DCS, PLC Systems and Facilities / Plant Engineering
- -A thorough grounding and direct experience in vacuum
technology, heat transfer, fluid / gas flow, electrical power
distribution, and distributed control systems is required. - It
requires the ability to define, conceive, design, procure, and
install complicated systems. #CB1
Keywords: SGL Carbon, Gardena , Chemical Process Engineer (Gardena, CA, US, 90249-2406), Engineering , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!