Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Company: Nissin Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Sr. Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) Manager is
responsible for developing, directing and enforcing safety, risk
management, accident prevention, and emergency preparedness at all
Nissin Foods facilities. This is a strategic leadership position
responsible for improving safety program initiatives and for
compliance with all applicable regulatory laws, company policies
and procedures. Essential Functions- Job Duties: The following
duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals
must have the ability - with or without reasonable accommodation -
to perform the following duties but not limited to:
- Identifies and manages company initiatives for regulatory
compliance with Federal and State OSHA (Occupational Safety and
Health Administration), General Industry Standards and RMP (Risk
Management Plan), CalARP (Accidental Release Prevention), PSM
(Process Safety Management) and DHS (Department of Homeland
- Analyzes Safety audits, inspections and injuries for the
development of preventative and remediation plans as needed.
- Acts as Company representative to professional, industry,
local, state, and federal regulatory bodies concerning all Safety,
Health, and Environmental issues/incidents.
- Provides organizational leadership, accountability and
strategic planning to anticipate changes in regulations or
- Works with facilities (GA) and/or departments top management
providing structure, leadership, accountability and strategic
planning to ensure all employee safety requirements are met and/or
- Oversees loss prevention programs and addresses problem areas
for workers' compensation, safety, general liability and monitors
programs for compliance with existing new laws.
- Works closely with People & Administration to analyze and
review policies, procedures and programs; collaborates to support a
proactive approach to compliance, good practice, visibility and
make recommendations for corrective actions and continuous
- Directs Safety Departmental activities, and top-management
safety steering committee; ensures direct reports are meeting goals
and guides career development to ensure company standards are
- Manages and strengthens business relationships with all
stakeholders by participating in departmental an/or individual
meetings to develop an in-depth knowledge of operations to
understand the business and their needs; engages in continuous
improvement practices for all processes and programs.
- Oversee the Nissin Environmental compliance program and respond
to all regulatory environmental related issues, requirements, or
- Manage all documents needed for plant personnel for all the
Nissin Environmental and Safety programs
- Develops and maintains all Emergency and Response Plans for
Safety and Risk Management and ensures the safe and prompt response
to, and resolution of, any injuries or illnesses.
- Other duties as assigned or directed. Functional
- Oversees, directs, and manages departmental activities and team
performance of the site safety personnel.
- Drives and models company Norms and holds self, peers, and
direct reports accountable for demonstrating a constructive company
culture through influential, personal behavior and actions.
- Develops and implements clearly defined operational and
individual goals to develop employees, achieve productivity levels,
and to attain the company's strategic plan.
- Researches best practices, stays abreast of industry trends,
and maintains awareness of regulatory changes to ensure compliance
and continually improve operations.
- Executes departmental financial objectives by preparing
budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and
initiating corrective action.
- Achieves departmental results to ensure the effective delivery
of the strategic plan.
- Develop staffing needs: attracts, motivates, and retains a
workforce with the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities to
achieve goals and objectives.
- Promotes and ensures a safe and healthy work environment that
encourages creative thinking, promotes flexibility, and drives
- Addresses employee issues, concerns and complaints in a
objective and confidential manner; notifies HR Business Partner,
and keeps immediate manager informed as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance and consistent application of company
policies, initiatives and decisions.
- Coaches, guides, and develops direct reports; fully engages in
the (ADP) Performance Management process; provides high-quality
feedback, and ensures proper ADP documentation of employee
performance, recognition, and deficiencies.
- Project Management - special projects as assigned. Supervisory
Responsibilities: Yes. Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health,
Safety Management, or a related field. 7+ years Environmental
Health & Safety Management experience, manufacturing environment
preferred. 3-5 years of supervisory or leadership experience.
In-depth experience in a high paced Lean production environment.
RMP, CalARP, and PSM program management experience required.
Certificates and Licenses: HAZWOPR 24-Hour (technician), ASP or
CSP, OSHA 30-hour, First Aid, CPR and AED Certified. About Us Since
Nissin's entry into the US in the 1970's, our flagship brands, Cup
Noodles and Top Ramen have held a fond place in US pop culture even
before ramen became the trendy dish it is today. It started in
post-World War II Japan amidst dire food shortages and inspired our
founder, Momofuku Ando, to invent instant ramen in 1958. In order
to continue this legacy of innovation, we're looking for noodle
lovers who have a passion to disregard the status quo, seek
continuous growth and love being part of something special.
- We want to cultivate a company culture that keeps people
excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged.
- Place the right people in the right positions and provide the
resources to help them in their current positions while setting
them up for success to grow into future roles.
- Offer competitive pay and benefits since we want everyone to
work to live (and not the other way around).We invite you to join
in our mission to evolve how people think about instant ramen,
expand its appeal and be a part of this $4 billion global company
that was built from a simple block of noodles. Nissin Foods (USA)
Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your
disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Nissin Foods
(USA) Co., Inc. Human Resources Representative.
Keywords: Nissin Foods, Gardena , Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!