Company: Sakara Life
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Sakara Life is a mission driven, fast-growing premium wellness
brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat
nutrition programs, functional products and unique content to
clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and
hardworking team players that share our passion for health &
well-being. You will be responsible for "turning thoughts into
things" and helping manifest the future of Sakara. We got started
in 2013 and now have a team of -230 across New York and Los
About this role: We are looking for a passionate Manager,
Production who will be responsible for our team and the overall
operations for our Packing Department at Sakara Life's Gardena,
California production facility. This person will oversee the
execution of plating meals and packing boxes for our client
deliveries. They will also support the senior leadership in
upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or
exceeding Sakara's business objectives. We are looking for someone
who does not shy away from being hands-on and is able to
simultaneously manage and exceed multiple deadlines and quality
benchmarks while putting our team and people first.
You'll love this role if: You are energized by the idea of working
on a quickly growing team and in a fast paced environment driven by
results. You are a strong coach and people manager and enjoy
training and investing in employees' growth and development. You
have a passion for following systems (and improving them!),
upholding food quality and safety, an eye for detail, and an
ability to work collaboratively with other teams to get the job
done. You are up for working in a refrigerated room and willing to
endure colder temperatures year-round!
- Ensure that Sakara Life's production standards are upheld,
including meeting or exceeding targets around: Food Safety, Quality
Standards (i.e., precise recipe execution, beautiful presentation),
and other critical KPIs (i.e., pack accuracy, labor
- Uphold and create better systems for production documentation
and GMP adherence.
- Contribute to weekly production planning in collaboration with
our other departments to ensure we meet or beat all internal
- Communicate with the receiving and culinary teams about all
packaging, prepared food, and ingredient needs in a professional
and timely manner.
- Oversee a seamless packing process for all our client meals and
continue to think creatively about how to beat our internal error
targets and improve our systems.
- Work with other Production Managers and Director of Operations
to determine best space and equipment investments as we scale.
- Help drive initiatives to decrease waste in production.
- Share in oversight of the largest team in our operation, >
- Help contribute to a culture that shares a common vision and
values surrounding the overall mission and success of Sakara. Embed
a culture of care and be a part of creating a place people are
excited to be a part of.
- Attract, retain, and manage a high-performing production team,
placing individuals in positions that leverage their skills and
expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for our team members
using performance review tools and hold the team accountable for
- Work harmoniously with the culinary team in all aspects of
recipe execution and adherence.
- Manage staff schedules in accordance with the budget and
- 3+ years of experience in a high-volume food production
- Basic knowledge of food safety and handling controls (CA Food
Handlers to be required upon hire)
- Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and
- Spanish-speaking is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Must have management and leadership skills
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively and
be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or
without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to
sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable
- Flexibility to occasionally deal with emergencies outside of
regular work hours.
- Well-versed in Word, Excel, and other relevant programs
This role will be based at our Gardena, California production
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment
without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental
disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sakara Life, Gardena , Manager, Production, Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!