District Fleet Manager - Gardena, CA ( LA)
Company: Sweeping Corporation of America, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
District Fleet Manager – Come Grow with Us!Company OverviewSCA
Company Overview: Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the
largest self-performing power sweeping services provider in the
United States. With over 60 years of sweeping heritage and an
emphasis on quality service and customer focus, we have quickly
become the nation's elite NAPSA-certified sweeping contractor. We
provide our customers with a superior experience in sweeping
services as well as an all-encompassing NPDES stormwater management
plan with our sweeping and jet-vac solutions and best-in-class
vehicles. Our reliable services are trusted by municipalities,
State Departments of Transportation, construction contractors, and
commercial, parking, and industrial properties from coast-to-coast.
We currently have over 50 strategic locations, more than 1,200
safety-focused team members, and a fleet of 1,600+ vehicles and are
continuing to grow. Our expansive operating footprint, flexibility,
and experience, as well as our focus on safety and innovation,
positions SCA to be the premier choice for all your environmental
services sweeping requirements. Benefits of working for SCA as a
District Fleet Manager:Competitive WageHealth, Dental, Vision and
Life Insurance401K planPaid vacation & holidays Career AdvanceThe
knowledge that you are working for an industry leader.District
Fleet Manager: Role DescriptionThe District Fleet Manager will be
an integral part of the fleet team and will support the day-to-day
operations objectives at multiple district shop locations.
Operating a safe, productive and costs effective fleet is a key
strategy to realizing the sweeping marketplace expansion plans and
opportunities at SCA. As such the District Fleet Manager will be a
hands-on leadership role responsible for the day-to-day fleet
maintenance activities within our district repair shops, mobile
technicians, and directly supervising technicians and/or parts
coordinators. Key responsibilities will include, overseeing
established enterprise fleet safety objectives, local maintenance
practices and processes, managing location budgets, as well
overseeing parts and repair vendor spend. Furthermore, the District
Fleet Manager through regular and constant communication with local
management will be able to strategically adapt and focus
technicians' activities to align with the needs and issues that
arise from daily operational activities. Finally, the District
Fleet Manager must be able to quickly gather facts, assess the
situation, and then prioritize the requirements of the operations
with the effectiveness of the technicians, delegating urgent tasks
into the on-going service and repair schedule and workload. This
Manager must be safety driven, detail-oriented, able to see the
larger need beyond the issues, as well as able to communicate
clearly within all level of the operational organization. He/she
will have high levels of passion, intellect, drive, and energy and
will be a self-confident, team-oriented individual with ethics and
integrity. This role will report to the District General Manager
with regular and indirect support from the Fleet Team. District
Fleet Manager will work from a central or primary shop location
however will have supervision responsibilities at multiple smaller
satellite locations adjacent to the primary facilities. This will
require regular weekly travel to satellite locations with
occasional over-night travel to follow-up with remote technicians.
Key Responsibilities of our District Fleet Manager
- Be a driving force and advocate for the safety vision, and
service and repair practices within all aspect of fleet
maintenance. This includes ensuring our telematics GPS and cameras
systems are reporting/operational for operation and respond and
repair non-reporting units.
- Be able to clearly communicate and/or report issues related to
the fleet with operational leadership.
- Be able to assess a technician's actions and productivity and
then coach, mentor, and/or correct as needed. Develop and following
through on action items that address issues.
- Be the driving force to continually improve our fleet
processes, technician training and education, as well as leveraging
other organizational tools and support
- Be an active part of the district operation leadership safety
meetings as well as operator/driver training activities as needed
as it relates to safe and effective fleet operations.
- Directly manage district fleet staff and technicians, reviewing
daily work order activity as well as prioritizing repair activities
that align with operational needs.
- Assess the effectiveness of the fleet staff and technician
reviewing both written documentation and physical task
review/inspections to ensure repair activities are consistent with
the safety standards of SCA.
- Be able to set technicians responsibilities and limitations,
ensuring they are working within the safety limits of their
knowledge and skill set as well as company standards.
- Be able to communicate clearly in both verbal as well as
written form and within multiple levels of the organization.
- Perform shop/site inspections/audits assessing overall asset
condition as the effectiveness of the current fleet staff and
communicate and follow-up on concerns.
- Directly manage ensuring the documentation requirements as they
apply to our fleet are adhered to.
- Be responsible for ensuring on-going PMs are prioritized and
completed in accordance with enterprise schedules.
- Support and drive to conclusion special projects as defined by
- Occasionally as needed be able to step into a technician role
to perform repairs and other maintenance activities as needed,
especially in time of labor shortage situations.
- Regular weekly travel to district sites or geographically
located shops and/or work locations with occasional overnight stays
required.Qualifications and Experience needed to be successful as
our District Fleet Manager
- Strong track record of safety focused work experience.
- General knowledge of the OSHA and EPA requirements as it
relates to maintenance activities and shop safety.
- 5+ years of experience as a technician/mechanic at an equipment
or truck repair shop.
- 2+ years of experience in a shop or fleet leadership role that
included financial responsibility and accountability, working
within a budget, and being able to estimate and communicate the
cost of repairs.
- General understanding of the cost drivers within a shop or
repair environment, and what steps can be taken to mitigate and
- Experience with electronic maintenance work order and PM
- A critical thinker and decisive decision maker who understands
the effect of decisions on costs, productivity and
- High-energy, self-motivated, organized, and able to self-manage
time and daily objectives, who can think and assess situations and
make critical or strategic decisions.
- General understanding of the federal DOT regulations as it
applies to both intrastate and interstate fleets.
- Experience with a wide, geographically operated fleet a
- Proficient communication both verbal and written.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and organization leaders
acting in alignment and support of operational objectives and
concerns.Salary: . Date posted: 01/05/2022
Keywords: Sweeping Corporation of America, Inc., Gardena , District Fleet Manager - Gardena, CA ( LA), Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!