Associate Executive Director - Gardena Carson YMCA
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere
non-profit in Los Angeles, it is also a great place to work, make a
difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. With
twenty-six branches, three camps and over fifty child care sites,
the LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment
where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and
Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset!
We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our
branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who
will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and
deliver incredible programming!
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and direct support
from the Operations Executive Director, the Associate Executive
Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the programs
and operations of the YMCA. The scope of responsibility includes
management of all programs (as assigned) and facilities, staff,
volunteers, membership, within the policies and procedures set
forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles. This position is a
senior member of the branch management team responsible for the
overall management of the YMCA.
- Bachelor's degree in business, recreation management, physical
education or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience (YMCA
Program Director, preferred)
- Knowledge and demonstrated competence in implementing best
practices in membership development, facility management, volunteer
and staff development, program operations and financial
development; Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification (preferred)
- Establishes with the branch leadership team long range plans
for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall
- Staff Supervision and Development a. Develop systems for
measuring levels of productivity within departments. Provide
leadership to affect change and raise the quality of service
provided to member constituency. b. Provide direct supervision to
program directors (as assigned). c. Evaluate staff performance
annually providing coaching and feedback. d. Provide training for
staff on an on-going basis through staff meetings, personal
consultation, special courses and workshops. Document training
- Lead the branch management team to set the pace for
successfully executing the Strategic Plan. Provide leadership in
providing continued direction for positioning the branch to be
successful in its outreach into the community.
- Provide leadership to program directors with regards to
managing programs and facilities in order to meet operating
- Ensure that required programs meet all state and federal
licensing guidelines and that all necessary licenses and
accreditations are acquired and maintained
- Recruit, hire and place staff using screening tools and panel
interviews to gain the best possible fit with each
- Coordinate effective cultivation and solicitation strategies
with the Executive Director, campaign leadership, volunteers and
the Board. Initiate scheduling of donors and key staff and
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and adjust program
offerings accordingly. Implement new programs as needed.
- Review and evaluate community programs, services and
enrollments and report findings to Executive Director.
- Oversee development of budgets, and manage approved budgets
accordingly: Submit variance reports monthly to Executive Director.
Manage forecasts to meet operating plan.
- Work closely with program directors to reach monthly, quarterly
and annual budget goals. Ensure that all program directors have the
skills necessary to manage their own budget, variance reports and
- Acquire and manage grants in an accurate and timely manner (if
- Work with staff and volunteers to meet Community Teams Division
recruitment and financial goals.
- Identify and cultivate major donors for all levels of
fundraising including major gifts, sponsorships and
- Develop and support a year-round fund-raising program which
includes the annual current support campaign. a. Assist with the
management of the overall Divisions of the Annual Campaign based on
calendar and chart of work.
- Develop a strong Y presence in the community forming
professional relationships with key community leaders. Research and
develop satellite prospects for program growth within
- Represent the YMCA in the local community including attending
local organizing meetings.
- Implement and maintain active parent/participant committees in
key program areas.
- Provide leadership to the development and delivery of all
facility and community-based programs in accordance with
established standards and guidelines.
- Identify, recruit, train and recognize a high number of
volunteers in program and committee participation.
- Develop strong relationships with the Board of Managers and act
as a liaison in motivating, recognizing and engaging them in the
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles, Gardena , Associate Executive Director - Gardena Carson YMCA, Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!