Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 18, 2022
United States of America
State / County
Environmental, Health, and Safety
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position Summary:The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager will
implement policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work
environment. Their primary goal is to protect the employees,
customers, and the environment and to maintain compliance with all
applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and
a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures,
workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Ensures that safety data sheets are maintained and readily
accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to
hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Member of site leadership team.
- Lead and partner with site leadership, implementing new or
updated EHS prevention and compliance programs while driving
employee engagement in EHS.
- Manage execution of EHS related capital projects for the
- Manage multiple site activities with regulatory agencies to
verify compliance, resolve situations, and maintain a cooperative
- Provide leadership and coaching to site EHS contacts to promote
safe work behaviors and foster a lean safety culture.
- Identify and implement applicable regulatory requirements.
- Lead all environmental compliance (hazardous waste, air
- Perform research projects regarding operational or site
programs, serve on project teams, and provide recommendations
regarding new or existing operations.
- Perform and complete various site EHS inspections required for
- Partner with management on business, organizational, and EHS
programs, provide advice and guidance, and serve as a member of the
- Investigate accidents and environmental incidents through root
cause analysis and recommend policies, procedures, and/or other
actions to correct problems and prevent future occurrences.
- Lead management when implementing new or updated EHS prevention
and compliance programs.
- Perform investigations, analyses, and research that require
specialized knowledge in several EHS areas, develop reports and
findings, and recommend operational changes.
- Manage the Process Safety Management, within program
- Contribute and support regional, divisional, and corporate EHS
- Ensure that industrial operations are in compliance with local,
state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Develop and provide employee training on environmental programs
- Prepare and submit environmental reports to various local,
state, and federal regulatory agencies and maintain permits as per
- Work with site management team to develop effective
environmental strategies to reduce environmental impact.
- Oversee pollution control programs and develop waste
management, treatment, and recycling procedures.
- Develop budget and timelines for environmental operations and
develop cost reduction initiatives while still maintaining quality
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental
inspections and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Willingness to manage with hands on engagement at plant floor
- Willingness and ability to manage comprehensive health, safety,
and environmental programs.
- Willingness and ability to lead site procedural and operational
audits and coordinate activities with regulatory agencies.
- Willingness and ability to provide direction and consultation
on various environmental, health, and safety issues.Required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety
and Health, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years related experience in a machining manufacturing
facility; California experience preferred.
- Prior experience developing and implementing programs,
policies, and procedures; interpreting and applying department
policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and
regulations, facilitating, and resolving sensitive health, safety,
and environmental questions and concerns; and working as a member
of a management team.Physical Requirements
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Gardena , EHS Manager, Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!