Merchandise and Purchasing Planning Manager
Company: 686 Technical Apparel
Posted on: November 24, 2022
For nearly three decades we've been developing, testing and
engineering technical fabrications and laminations in apparel.
Everything we do is based around innovation, people, purpose with
the goal to build the best performance products with our
active-minded community. We create products. We create a community.
We create experiences.
Our key building blocks:
The Merchandise Planning and Purchasing Manager for 686 holds a key
role in the Merchandising and E-commerce organization as they
directly impact the bottom line of these departments. The
Merchandise Planning Manager works in tandem with Merchandising to
combine their understanding of key product trends with the
historical data to appropriately forecast demand and hence
inventory buys. They work directly with the E-commerce Manager and
VP of Marketing to understand key product strategies, GTM cadence,
and key investments so that they can forecast inventory flow
Additionally, the Merchandise Planning Manager works with the Data
Manager and Merchandiser to manage the OTB encompassing Inv turns,
WOH, BOM Inv Management as well as TDR (Total Discount rate) to
drive towards profitability. In addition, the Merchandise Planning
Manager takes a key part in helping product development and
sourcing forecast product flows through the supply chain.
- In partnership with Merchandising, Data analysts and channel
managers plan and forecast inventory levels needed by class and
product in order to maximize revenue.
- Drive to class and style-level planning targets to maximize
sales and profitability. Decisions will be based on historical
data, current trends, and Merchandising's vision.
- Work towards a W.O.H and Inventory turn goal to minimize
unplanned OOS and optimize the inventory to its maximum
- Manage total item, class, and category inventory levels and
manage the OTB to ensure inventory is flowed and delivered to
manage cash flow.
- Manage E&O inventory with the goal to minimize TDR (total
discount rate) to maximize profitability and protect the
- Use past data and intuition to accurately plan sales of new
product releases in addition to planning into future sales of
currently active styles.
- Take IMU goals when managing inventory investment so as to
manage to a net Margin goal.
- Analyze size selling and maximize inventory productivity and
GMROI via optimal size selling rooted in current customer data Vs
historical or industry averages.
- In partnership with production provides high-level buys to
forecast production and planning for supply chain
- Oversee the Purchasing department to ensure raw materials match
- Work with the 686 Asia office to manage COGS and forecast
- 2-6 years of Inventory planning experience preferably in Soft
- Strong analytical skills: proficiency in one of
- Financial and business acumen.
- Strategic mindset.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
- Cross-functional team leader track record.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment that can be
- Track record of leading and fostering change in an
- Track record of coaching, mentoring, and developing people to
unlock their full potential.
Keywords: 686 Technical Apparel, Gardena , Merchandise and Purchasing Planning Manager, Executive , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!