Chemist/Lab Tech - Aerospace Chemical Processing Experience
Company: Valence Surface Technologies
Posted on: March 16, 2020
POSITION SUMMARYPerform laboratory functions to include
analytical and physical testing to ensure that all processes
carried out are within the parameters set by our customers and
third party auditing entities.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Create monthly lab orders for physical testing Scribe / create
metal specimens for testing
- Track both physical and analytical tests to ensure they are
performed within the required time frame.
- Perform both analytical and physical tests to include but not
limited to, corrosion testing, paint adhesion, powder test, plating
adhesion, abrasion resistance, coating weight tests, cleaner weight
loss, intragranular attack & end-grain pitting, metal removal
tests, hydrogen embrittlement tensile tests, impact tests, hydrogen
pick-up, Atomic Absorption elemental analysis, potentiometric
titrations, acid-base titrations, gravimetric analysis, UV-Vis
Spectrophotometer operation and testing, pH analysis, conductivity,
and resistivity testing.
- Create test reports to outline the testing procedures and
results of internally performed tests.
- Perform clerical duties to file lab orders, test certs,
chemical certificates of analysis, metal specimen certificate of
analysis, purchase orders, etc.
- Review testing records / logs for accuracy of results and to
ensure results are within shop control and specification
- Review and monitor tank temperature recording program to ensure
solution temperatures of process tanks stay within customer
- Tag out process tanks when needed due to out of range
concentrations, temperatures, etc.
- Communicate with shop personnel to inform shop employee's of
issues with tanks, test specimens, and/or operation of baths.
- Handle glassware used for analytical testing, know how to use
precision measuring glassware for analytical testing, and perform
proper cleaning procedures to prevent cross contamination issues
between testing mediums.
- Operate corrosion resistance / salt spray chamber and perform
any required minor maintenance on chamber (e.g. change filters,
unclog exhaust / drain lines, etc.)
- Adhere to all safety procedures and know how to use all
personal protective equipment, first aid kits, eye wash stations,
and other safety devices.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED):
- 2 plus years of experience in Chemical Processing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Keywords: Valence Surface Technologies, Gardena , Chemist/Lab Tech - Aerospace Chemical Processing Experience, Healthcare , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!