RN II - Outpatient Surgery Center
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Outpatient
Surgery Center at St. Jude Medical Center. Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours Shift: 8-hour, Days
Job Summary: The RN independently uses the nursing process to
safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of
patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of
care. Essential Functions:
- Facilitates patient care through effective communication.
- Develops and maintains therapeutic and effective relationships
with patient/family and the health care team.
- Delegates care appropriately.
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Outpatient Surgery Center (OPSC) - Pre-Op (Outpatient Surgery
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to prepare and manage
the perioperative patient.
- Accurately identifies and interprets dysrhythmias on EKGs and
consistently documents interpretations of rhythm strips per
hospital policy. Acts as resource for peers in interpretation of
EKG dysrhythmias. Initiates and delivers appropriate interventions
related to dysrhythmias in a timely manner and consistently
- Demonstrates knowledge of narcotic/anesthetic agents, reversal
agents, effects of these agents and the potential complications and
- Accurately assesses interventional pain management patient.
Verify procedure side, site and completes phone interview.
- Accurately performs (POCT) Point of Care Testing to include
ACG, BGM, and Coagu Check (as applicable). Skills:
- Outpatient Surgery Center (OPSC) - Operating Room: Minimum
Position Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, graduate from nursing school:
Graduate from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or
Bachelor 's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a result of a unit transfer from Heritage: Graduate
from nursing school with a diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor
's Degree in Nursing.
- Hired as a ministry transfer: Currently enrolled in a BSN
program with an expected graduation date within 6 months of hire.
- 1 year acute care experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current CA Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and (PALS). Preferred
Position Qualifications: Licenses/Certifications:
- Professional Nursing Organization Membership.
- Outpatient Surgery Center (OPSC) - Pre-Op : Certification in
specialty. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system. St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit,
384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern
California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals.
With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude
offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether
for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine
mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care
and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services
and programs.St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as -on
call/per diem - refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled
on as -as needed basis - to fill in for staff vacancies. Company:
St. Jude Medical Center Category: Surgical Services (Intraop) Req
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Gardena , RN II - Outpatient Surgery Center, Healthcare , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!