Primary Care Physician PRN
Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare
to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts,
and tireless resolve.About UsValor Healthcare operates more than 50
VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States
as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor
provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the
operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local
VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes
primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral
health, and more.Valor is different because of our people.Our
leadership team is comprised of veterans and clinician leaders
dedicated to providing exceptional care and world-class patient
experience for our Nation's Heroes. Many of our colleagues have
veterans in their families or are veterans themselves, resulting in
an individual commitment to customer service that is second to
none.Position SummaryThe Primary Care Physician diagnoses and
treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and
delivers preventive and therapeutic treatment of primary care
needs, including chronic disease management, of patients through
routine physical examination testing and non-invasive treatment.
This includes strong communication with fellow team members to
ensure the expectations of Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) metrics
are met.Valor is searching for the right physician to work PRN
shifts and to join the VA Team based at the Gardena, CA VA
Outpatient Clinic. This is a great opportunity to enjoy a excellent
quality of life while giving back to our country's
veterans.Physician Core Responsibilities
- Actively diagnoses and treats our veterans.
- Examines patients for symptoms of organic or congenital
disorders, determines nature and extent of injury/disorder, and
performs comprehensive physical examinations.
- Develops and implements patient management plans and assists in
provision of continuity of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity
programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Counsel patients on the use of prescription medications,
educates patients, assesses mental health issues, and provides
routine health maintenance.
- Evaluates patients' records from medical providers outside the
VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the
VA for co-managed care.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders "due" at the time of
each patient visit.
- Completes the documentation of the medical record within 24
hours of a patient encounter.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector
General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC)
oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through
the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both
in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance,
when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits or nurse
- Other duties assigned.. Requirements:Qualifications
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from an accredited
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or
- Possess a current unrestricted California state license as a
- At least 2 years of recent primary care experience in an
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Must hold a current and valid BLS certification
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills
- Candidate must be a US CitizenQualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc., Gardena , Primary Care Physician PRN, Healthcare , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!