Registered Nurse - Cardiology, 7:00am - 4:00pm (Per Diem)
Company: Marina Del Rey
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Make a difference every single day! -When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through
Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of
world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you
will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others.
Join us, and support our community with the highest quality
healthcare! -The -Registered Nurse - Cardiology -provides direct
patient care in the cardiac care department. Monitors the patient
during exercise protocols for the detection of cardiac and
pulmonary abnormalities. Communicates with physicians about changes
in patient's clinical condition including laboratory tests, results
of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond
quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to
treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties
in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in
performance improvement and CQI activities. -
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring; identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and
family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patients' safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Possesses knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and their clinical
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential
for medication errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of cardiac stress test:
treadmill, chemical stress test, nuclear stress test, stress
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers and
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patients' needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
well under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the understanding of the exercise protocol to
- Educates patients and families about cardiac risk factors, how
to promote a healthy heart.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and
- Manages and operates equipment safely and
correctly.Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital is an EEO employer.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital does not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national
origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic
characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any
other basis protected by federal or state law.Cedars-Sinai Marina
del Rey Hospital will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring.At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey
Hospital, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of
our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients
from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19.
For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu
vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine
(typically during September through April each year) as a condition
of employment, and annually thereafter as a conditiosn of continued
employment, subject to medical exemption or religious
accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to
receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of
employment. Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital reserves the right
to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required
by law and/or policy
Keywords: Marina Del Rey, Gardena , Registered Nurse - Cardiology, 7:00am - 4:00pm (Per Diem), Healthcare , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!