RN Ambulatory (Clinic) Full Time - Wilmington at Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume
Reporting to the Director, Ambulatory Services of Martin Luther
King, Jr. Los Angeles (MLK-LA) Healthcare Corporation, the
Ambulatory Clinical RN as the leader of the health care team,
provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process
in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and
procedures. MLKCH outpatient clinic(s) and ambulatory services
involving one or more specialty disciplines and/or clinic sites
demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Group's
Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Within
assigned area: implements, supervises/monitors and maintains
clinical practice and quality management standards, and staff
competencies/development. Remains flexible to changing systems; is
expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits
and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families,
and all members of the health care team with dignity and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks
appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments
appropriately to ensure completion of patient care
- Ensures staff provide highest quality of care which complies
with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal/state/local
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative
relationships with physicians and other departments.
- Collaborates with nursing and other departments to resolve
patient care issues, meet access demands, provide convenient hours
of operation, improve the cost structure and develop consistent
policies and procedures.
- Supervises and maintains patient care and quality service
standards to meet members' and internal clients'
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and
patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Monitoring budgets and resource allocations and financial
performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce
costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Supervises use and maintenance of equipment, supplies and
- Assists site Administrator in developing and maintaining the
competency of all department staff.
- Collaborates with physicians, Medical Director, Site
Administrator, Direct of Ambultory Services, in developing the
appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations
of the department.
- Measuring and improving internal and external customer
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor
relations, employee and department safety, and risk management
- Procure supplies and other materials needed for the medical
group site at competitive prices and with reputable
- Participate in development and implementation of long-range
- Assist in resolution of administrative and operational issues
including the maintenance of clinic property, computer systems and
installed software applications.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Serve as a liaison between site and external agencies.
- Assists leadership develop clinic strategic plans and
objectives based upon identified needs of patients.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, orienting, training and
supervision of all medical group staff (non-provider
- Resolves problems in administrative and clinical areas
- Leads and directs others through the change process, Utilizes
communication strategies including chain of command and issue
escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific
operations and patient care activities, shares responsibility and
authority with subordinates and holds him/her accountable for
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in
order to assist member problem resolution.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan, revises plan
on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of
- Ensures care meets standards of practice, ensures effective
development and completion of discharge plan including discharge
barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side
effects, and administration instructions.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customer's
ability to utilize resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS), by American Heart
- Registered Nurse with at least 1year. of clinical experience
required, 2 years of clinical experience preferred in a hospital,
clinic, home care, nursing home setting or health facility within
the last 5 yrs.
- Current State license valid driver's license (local travel
required up to 5% of the time).
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google
Suite, electronic medical records and ability to learn new
- Demonstrates ability to supervise and direct administrative
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- ... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Gardena , RN Ambulatory (Clinic) Full Time - Wilmington at Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Healthcare , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!