Food Service Worker
Company: Pipeline Health
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Job Title: Food Service Worker Job Summary: Responsible for a
variety of positions in the kitchen and or the cafeteria,
including: general dishwashing, cash handling, tray delivery,
Catering, caf-- service, stock delivery and storeroom. Essential
- Able to properly clean and function dish machine, drain and
surrounding areas in dish room
- Assures dishware, utensils and trays are properly cleaned,
sanitized and stored.
- Assures all food carts are picked up, properly emptied,
cleaned/sanitized and stored.
- Transports food carts to doctors dining area and/or patient
floors as assigned.
- Counts and verifies cash before and after shift.
- Operates a cash register, receives payment of cash from
customer for meal items, making change and issuing receipts to
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Empties trash receptacle though out the kitchen and properly
disposes of waste.
- May prepare nourishment and deliver to appropriate floor.
- Checks temperature and pH and records per procedure.
- Perform other duties as required or assignedBehavioral
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every day
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal
workforce and external customers. Communication/Knowledge:
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication
of information in a manner that is understood by all.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve,and carry-out duties
to ensure the optimal outcome.
- Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships
with internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and
dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to
collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- 1 to 2 years of current experience in an acute care setting
- Serv-safe preferred Licensure/Certifications:
- NoneADA/Physical Demands:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in
order to be considered.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly
required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds,
with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be
intact to perform duties.
Keywords: Pipeline Health, Gardena , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!