Part Time Customer Service Cruise Agent
Company: Metro Shore Services
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Metro Shore Services is a nationwide, all-inclusive service
provider for Cruise Terminal Management, Ship's Agency, Stevedore
Services, Ground Guest Services, Shore Excursions and Terminal
Security Services. Our team members are known for striving to
exceed guest expectations by delivering a smooth experience through
the Cruise terminal and providing excellent customer service in all
areas for the Cruise lines that call on us as a partner.
- Customer Service Cruise Agents are responsible for greeting and
assisting guests navigate both inside and outside the cruise port
terminals. There are various positions within the port terminal
that they may be asked to perform to include check in and
- Customer Service Cruise Agents working the earliest shifts
would be assisting guests disembarking the vessel at the port with
locating luggage, completing lost luggage forms (when necessary)
and general directional assistance navigating their way through
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) areas towards the terminal
- Customer Service Cruise Agents working other shifts could be
guiding guests through the port terminal as previously described or
assisting in the check in procedures via cruise line supplied
- Customer Service Cruise Agents working check in would be
trained by cruise line brand and required to review, input and
verify validity of all travel documents and proof of citizenship
presented by guests for check-in to ensure compliance with U.S. and
International Law via the client system.
- Customer Service Cruise Agents also assist guests requiring
wheelchair assistance throughout the terminal during embarkation
- Assist with set up of pier and/or break down at the end of the
day as needed.
- Answer general questions in an accurate and pleasant manner and
provide pertinent information regarding boarding and
- Perform other job related duties at the port terminals as
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements The following are the minimum
qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully
perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Positive attitude to communicate clearly with guest and peers
while maintaining a positive demeanor.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Maintain dependable attendance and follow appearance guidelines
and cruise line brand standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Will also accept evidence of
current enrollment for students aged 16 or 17 with confirmed
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
Skills/Abilities Pertinent to This Position
- Verbal & Written communication skills in English. Other
languages not needed but can be an asset.
- Required to perform basic data input functions on a laptop
computer, tablet or handheld device.
- Passion for customer service / satisfaction
- Ability to interact and work at all levels as a team
- Great attention to detail dealing in embarkations documentation
- Flexibility/adaptability to change while multi-tasking
In general, the following physical demands are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the
essential functions of the job.
Manual dexterity required for reaching for documents and operating
the cruise line provided laptops and check in system. Must be able
to stand constantly for the entire shift (4-8 hours), often in the
In some cases ability to push or pull guests via wheelchair
weighing between 100-300lbs. Ability to lift, carry, push or pull
Keywords: Metro Shore Services, Gardena , Part Time Customer Service Cruise Agent, Hospitality & Tourism , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!