Solar Hybrid and Backup Power Application Engineer
Company: Polar Power
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Polar Power is a small but rapidly growing company heavily
engaged in R&D, manufacturing, and marketing of energy and
cooling systems. We lead our industry in cutting edge technology.
Our customers are diverse and they have the most exciting projects
for us to work on. Because of the diversity of our product and
services, this position certainly does not have the same old
routine every day.
Polar product line includes:
- Solar Photovoltaic Hybrid Systems,
- DC Generators for Military and Telecommunications,
- Hybrid Electric propulsion for Marine and Specialty
General Description: Our Applications Engineer (AE) will serve
as the main point of contact to the customer for the design of
Polar Power products and Value Added through order placement. AE
will ensure correct Hybrid System and/or DC Generator components
are chosen, accurately specified, and applied to the customer's
designs. AE will also be responsible for confirming the order
placement is made directly or through our partners.
- Interact with customers to build strong relationships with
engineers, buyers and decision makers.
- Provide technical presentations that promote the company's
- Assist with the design of Polar Power products on new programs
as well as advising engineers of the best practice of
use/installation of generators, solar arrays, batteries,
- Work for and with a variety of strategic key customers within
the North America with limited travel.
- Build real relationships. Build and develop ongoing
relationships with existing clients.
- Comfortable managing existing client's account and performing
business development with existing accounts.
- Educate your customers on product alternatives, features and
- BS degree preferred (technical - ME or EE, advanced degree is a
plus) or equivalent technical experience.
- A solid engineering background with sales is a plus, technical
sales, and application engineering.
- Excellent strategic and conceptual skill sets.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical applications
and develop customer specific solutions, strong communication and
- Ability to multi-prioritize and be self-sufficient in a small
- Assist in pre-sales applications development to meet customer
requirements and sales objectives.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise to the customer for the
resolution of customer applications inquiries to assist in the
close of sales; provided via direct phone support.
- Assists with creation of feasibility studies for customer
specific application requirements.
- Ensures deliverables (e.g., phone calls, charts, reports,
video/pictures, etc.) are met in a timely fashion.
- Provides post-sales applications support to meet customer
- Provides telephone and on-site engineering support for
applications related issues; escalates issues as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience, strong electromechanical
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as proficient
communication skills, both written and verbal.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exercise good judgement and problem solving skills, with a
strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic passion for customer service.
- Be team-oriented, courteous, accessible demeanor with
leadership, peers, colleagues, and the public.
Compensation will be based on experience and talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Polar Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry,
pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected
veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not call the office, as our decision-makers have
extensive travel schedules, we prefer you contact us by e-mail.
Keywords: Polar Power, Gardena , Solar Hybrid and Backup Power Application Engineer, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!