Sr. Interiors DRE
Company: Faraday Future
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company,
leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to
realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing
user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms
in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how
our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF,
we're creating something new, something connected, and something
with a true global impact.
Hiring Manger: Shawn Blackburn
Position: Interiors DRE (Doors)
FF is pursuing a talented Door Design Engineer to join our team
in Gardena, CA where you will be given the opportunity to
accelerate FF by applying your leadership skills combined with the
latest technologies and design methods. As the Doors Design Release
Engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, testing,
and refinement of component and sub-system level products based on
our end-customer's needs, program budgetary constraints, and that
meet internal quality and external regulatory standards. You will
also collaborate closely with studio designers, research the latest
technologies, manage project timing, and develop new design tools
and processes. This position will receive supervision from the
Director of Interiors.
- Define and own the Door development strategy including all
performance objectives and roadmap milestones from early concept
phase through production.
- Design and develop unique, innovative, and advanced engineering
- Research new industry technologies relating to A-surface trim
materials, fixed and mobile displays, interactive surfaces, support
structures, closure systems, and production techniques.
- Create technical design and performance specifications as well
as statement of requirements (SOR).
- Create detailed drawings using Y14.5 GD&T standards.
- Create and maintain BOM structure.
- Organize and lead cross-functional team design reviews.
- Utilize Design for Six Sigma, DFA/DFM, and DFMEA/PFMEA.
- Pro-actively root cause engineering and production issues and
develop a robust solution.
- Develop and execute component and sub-system design
verification plan (DVP&R) using the latest test methods and
- Meet project milestones by ensuring efficient and balanced
distribution of engineering resources to support cross-functional
teams where needed.
- Facilitate team activity prioritization by negotiating workload
constraints and managing supplier time-lines.
- Demonstrate disciplined leadership qualities guiding fellow
team members and suppliers towards FF's strategic goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and/or
- Outstanding component design, packaging, and A-class surface
modeling skills using CATIA V6.
- Knowledge in integrating interior components including
closures, wiring, HVAC systems, passenger airbag, displays, and
interactive surfaces with respect to engineering best practices
regarding material selection, attachment methods, etc.
- S. in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5 years of
- Thorough design, packaging, A-class surface and 3D modeling
skills in CATIA V5/V6 (6,000+ hours).
- Knowledge of plastics and composites molding techniques and
tooling, foaming, wrapping, extrusions, attachment schemes,
assembly methodology, and product launch.
- Strong understanding of new and emerging technologies,
products, and development methods in order to design a world-class
- Automotive passion, specifically for electric vehicles and
- Work within and without a team to solve difficult design
problems with tight timing constraints.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced and dynamic work
- Able and willing to travel domestically and
- Previous program management experience.
- Multiple In-plant and/or program and vehicle launch
Perks + Benefit
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted
- 401(k) options
- Engineering orientation + onboarding
- Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
- Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Free parking + carpool reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Keywords: Faraday Future, Gardena , Sr. Interiors DRE, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!