Company: City of Gardena
Posted on: May 3, 2021
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP. Candidates must be enrolled in a
university to be eligible for this internship. Those enrolled in a
university as a 2nd year MSW student will be evaluated differently
and placed in a separate internship from other university
Under general direction of the School Resource Officer and the lead
case manager, the intern case worker will provide case management
services to youth that have been cited for a criminal offense or
are at risk of becoming involved in the criminal justice system or
to students that have been referred by school staff or
parents/guardians. This includes; interacting with youth in a
positive manner, assessing clients, filing reports, conducting
research to inform practice, and performs other such duties related
to provision of services as required.
Examples of Duties
Assesses youth on bio-psychosocial factors and risk of
delinquency, develops and implements a corresponding service plan,
and makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies. Completes
required reporting documents, acting as a mandated reporter, works
as a team with a casework supervisor to ensure appropriate
execution of each case plan, complete school visits, and conducts
Life Skills Training workshops. Communicates with others such as
family members, school officials, and/or resource officers, and law
enforcement personnel to ensure and inform effective case
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of social environmental, human development and
- Understanding of case management systems and process.
- Understanding of how to conduct and familiarity with the
assessment of clients.
- Understanding of general social service paperwork requirements
and willingness to adhere to specific agency requirements.
- Understanding of best practices and familiarity with
appropriate interaction for dealing with youth.
- Understanding of how to implement evidence-based practices,
such as motivational interviewing and solutions-focused brief
counseling, and willingness to learn any related agency or industry
- Must be enrolled in a university as a 2nd year MSW
- A valid California Drivers License, Class C, and personal car
or other means of transportation for site-visits in the community
events or school visits.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- DOJ Background Check before internship start date
- General Mandated Reporter Training complete before internship
- TB Test ( must not be more than 60 days old of internship start
- This position involves interacting with youth and other
stakeholders, sitting, and going out to community locations.
Requirement: Must be available on Monday, Wednesday, Fridays 10am
6pm OR Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am-6pm Supplemental Information
To apply, please visit:
Keywords: City of Gardena, Gardena , Case Worker, Other , gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!