Motor Control Calibration Engineer
Company: Faraday Future
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company,
leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to
realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing
user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms
in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how
our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF,
we're creating something new, something connected, and something
with a true global impact.
As the calibration engineer on the Motor Control, you'll be
working with some of the industry's brightest minds to accelerate
the delivery of quality FF products to consumer markets. You will
be responsible for motor control calibration in the lab and
vehicle. Basically, you'll ensure the reliability and robustness of
the motor control calibration as well as the customer
- Work with various cross-functional teams to develop motor
control calibration for new control features, diagnostics,
- Perform simulation and performance analysis of electric drive
and high voltage power electronics.
- Plan and perform calibration development and testing on
hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) systems, high-voltage dynamometer, and
in vehicle test environment.
- Develop and optimize control calibrations to meet performance
and timing targets.
- Conduct calibration reviews to ensure high quality.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate calibration activities with
vehicle team to maximize resource efficiency.
- Support identification of requirements for resources to develop
- Diagnose the motor and inverter fault.
- Support development of control algorithms and new
- Participate in development trips and related test
- Support resolution of vehicle, plant, durability/dyno, or
- Utilize modeling, simulation, analytical methods in calibration
- Develop, use, and update calibration procedures.
- Document the calibration procedures.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional
- 2 years of experience in motor control.
- Solid knowledge in AC motor vector control and high performance
- Solid knowledge in digital control implementation and real-time
- Solid knowledge in induction motors, PMAC motors and power
- Experience in embedded hardware and sensors (resolver, encoder,
- Experience in dynamometers, motor test equipment and motor test
- Experience with calibration development using modeling,
simulation, analytical methods.
- Experience in developing calibration for motor control
diagnostics and new control features.
- Experience in documenting the calibration procedures.
- Familiar with CAN networks, LIN networks, Ethernet
- 5+ years of experience in embedded controls, controls
integration, or relevant hardware areas
- Quick learner, able to handle planned and unplanned work, and
able to handle multiple projects
- Controls testing or instrumentation/tools experience
- Experience with creating test benches to perform unit testing
and documentation of embedded control functions
- Experience with hardware-in-loop real-time simulation
- Proficiency in C/C++ Familiar with requirements analysis and
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Keywords: Faraday Future, Gardena , Motor Control Calibration Engineer, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!