Battery Mechanical Engineer
Company: Faraday Future
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company,
leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to
realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing
user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms
in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how
our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF,
we're creating something new, something connected, and something
with a true global impact.
As the Battery Mechanical Engineer, you'll be working with some
of the industry's brightest minds to accelerate the delivery of
quality FF products to consumer markets.
- You will be responsible for leading Battery mechanical design
- Generate Battery mechanical design requirements and product
specifications for performance, system compatibility and
testability based on size, capacity, safety and application.
- Develop Battery mechanical design that meet requirements.
- Design comprehensive test protocols, qualification documents,
test plans and reports for the testing and validation of
- Work with a cross-functional engineering team in the design and
development of test fixtures for verification of the Battery.
- Generate performance, safety and test reports and any other
documentation for support of regulatory submissions.
- Provide cutting edge performance expertise and advise fellow
- Generate Battery mechanical design reviews, DFMEA, DVP&R
and failure analysis.
- Monitor the advancements in power conversion technology and
processes and advise the team accordingly.
- Ensure each system change is appropriately approved, then
scheduled and reviewed by stakeholders.
- Ensure hardware release is on time and aligned with company
schedule to deliver production ready battery packs to vehicle
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in
experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 5 years of experience in Battery mechanical design,
implementation and test.
- Solid knowledge in battery pack mechanical design.
- Experience in DFMEA and DVP&R for battery pack.
- Solid background in Battery modeling, simulation techniques,
and system analysis.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in experience
with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 8+ years of experience in Battery and relevant hardware
- Experience with creating test benches to perform unit testing
- Hands-on experience Battery development and testing.
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Keywords: Faraday Future, Gardena , Battery Mechanical Engineer, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!