Company: Ducommun Incorporated
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of
commodity materials and services for operation centers/SBU across
DCO. This will require strong category/commodity understanding as
well as relationship managing skills, negotiating skills & managing
Procurement of Commodity Buy:
- Execute commodity strategy with DCO Commodity Director to
support each SBU and operation center with optimum quality,
delivery and cost across assigned products and services.
- Process purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders as
required ensuring competitive pricing through negotiation of price
and lead-times for operation center specific and unique
- Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded
correspondence and designated / approved communication
Internal Communication and Collaboration:
- Support and promote company core values of honesty,
professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the
Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
- Interface with every key functions and levels of the businesses
- Communicate timely, flow down requirements, and forward up
material issues, delays, status updates, etc. to achieve successful
- Manage the sourcing process through detail sourcing analysis,
evaluation, negotiation, and award with support from commodity
- Develop optimal number of suppliers across assigned
commodity(s), including appropriate mix of local suppliers to
achieve best plant service with flexibility and company-wide
- Create, maintain and benchmark commodity procurement data,
benchmark commodity market development information to drive
improvement in commodity management.
- Work diligently with operation supply chain and NPI buyers to
assure supplier selections aligning with commodity strategies by
- Maintain and manage existing supply agreements with key
suppliers, assist in negotiating price, quality, and delivery
expectations on both short-term and longer-term agreements.
- Lead supplier development along with commodity strategy to have
complete documents including but not limited to Ducommun NDA, Terms
and Conditions, support commodity leaders in LTA preparation and
- Support supplier quality engineer in strategic supplier
assessment for capacity, audit, and engineering.
- Manage direct engagement with suppliers and internal functional
teams to drive implementation of the supply strategy and ensure
success of the supply chain.
- Work with operation supply chain to drive and execute supplier
scorecards and review with key suppliers at quarterly basis.
- Support escalated supplier issues in terms of delivery, quality
and COPQ by working with operation supply chain and lead issue
- Invoice Query Resolution - ensure timely action to ensure
payments are efficient and Suppliers do not hold accounts, cease
Performance Tracking and Measurement:
- Support development and implementation of plans with cross
functional partners to meet annual goals which include supplier
strategy, productivity/cost-reduction, lead-time reductions,
consignment/Kanban implementation, PPV (Purchase Price Variance),
inventory reduction, working capital improvement, supplier quality
along with AOP (Annual Operating Plan) KPIs (Key Performance
- Support achieving the overall category targets and objectives
to attain overall budget performance as well as expected
internal/external performance for best quality, delivery and
- Establish and execute goals, improvement plans, service levels,
business reviews and monthly reporting in consultation with
commodity leader and key business stakeholders.
- Drive & innovate supplier improvements and performance by
identifying and implementing solutions to business problems, and
cross-functional within assigned categories.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of procurement
(e.g.: supplier improvements; procure to pay process improvements;
recommend new sources of supply).
- Drive cost reduction initiatives with suppliers within
- Support development of standardization, guidelines, and policy
compliance requirements across category level.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experienced procurement professional with technical knowledge;
preferably in aerospace industry.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills supporting
projects that cross multiple functional areas.
- Strong performance management and leadership skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and challenges.
- Team player with ability to communicate professionally at all
levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer focus - internal and external.
- Decisive, assertive, highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Dynamic and flexible to pick up every changing priorities and
- Able to work in a customer focused and relationship driven
- Ability to make data-driven decisions with strong analytical
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience, in Business, Supply
Chain, Engineering or other related degree. MBA or other Master's
degree preferred with emphasis in operations and supply chain.
- 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing or related
- Minimum 2 years of experience with new product introductions in
a manufacturing setting. Aerospace or Electronic Component
manufacturing experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Procurement and Aerospace
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with QS/ISO, ERP, or MRP
environment and culture.
- Previous experience in high-mix and low volume manufacturing
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification, and/or APICS
- Knowledge of engineering, production and process techniques
such as lean and continuous development.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Power Point, and
Systems Database/Query Capability.
- CPM. CSM or CPSM preferred.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands,
occasionally lift one to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability
to adjust focus to review supply chain documents, identify parts
and clearly see operations and identify hazards in the production
area. Use of computer screen and other electronic devices.
- Working Conditions are: 80% office environment, 15%
manufacturing environment; 5% outdoors.
- Noise level is moderate in office environment.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing
- Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all
268 E. Gardena Road
Gardena, California, 90248
Keywords: Ducommun Incorporated, Gardena , Commodity Buyer, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!