Senior Thermal Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer
Company: Faraday Future
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company,
leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to
realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing
user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms
in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how
our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF,
we're creating something new, something connected, and something
with a true global impact.
As the Senior Thermal Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Engineer you will directly contribute to the overall performance of
our electric vehicles by leading the thermal analyses of various
components. You will interface with various engineering and
non-engineering groups (Battery, Powertrain, Interior Engineering,
Design Studio) to ensure optimal performance is met and develop
novel solutions for the various heat-generating components and
systems in our vehicles. This will include the vehicle's battery,
as an entire pack and battery module, powertrain cooling, HVAC
system to meet cabin comfort requirements, heat sinks of ADAS and
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience
and evidence of outstanding performance.
- 5+ years of thermal analysis in the automotive, motorsports, or
- An exceptional understanding of, and intuition for, fluid
dynamics and heat transfer.
- Proficient with automotive thermal systems; i.e.
heat-exchangers, heat-sinks, HVAC at a system level to assess
- Strong interest in automotive/electric-vehicle
- Aware of the trade-offs of computer modelling and physical
- Familiarity with geometry creation, simplification, and data
management within CAD software.
- Must have an innovative mindset, be proactive in improving
processes and driving projects. Please provide examples.
- Accustomed to going above and beyond.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, organized and
mindful of time management.
- Being a self-starter, working well with little oversight
independently or as a part of a team.
- Substantial experience in using STAR-CCM+ to select the best
modelling approach for the problem at hand, i.e. CHT, RANS, DDES,
- Experience with multi-phase CFD modelling.
- Experience with physical testing methods to validate CFD
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Keywords: Faraday Future, Gardena , Senior Thermal Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!