Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Valor Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Full Time 4 days per week Mon-Thurs*
The Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse provides prescribed
medical treatment and personal care services to patients with
diseases and injuries seeking treatment in the clinic, as directed
by physician or mid-level provider. Collaborates with the core PACT
Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded
PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community based
services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Patient Care: Actively assists with patient care, physical
examinations and ancillary tests.
- Performs the annual and routine nursing assessments and
performs preventive health services authorized by the VA and the
clinic Medical Director. This includes interviewing and collecting
patient information, including pain assessment, pulse rate,
temperature, height & weight, blood pressure and other relevant
details. Records information in patient's electronic medical
- Administers medications, as appropriate or ordered by a medical
provider, orally, or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection,
and notes time and amount in patients' electronic charts, applies
compresses, both hot and cold as indicated. Observes patient and
reports adverse reactions to the clinic physician.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other diagnostic
equipment to administer routine diagnostic test and treatments,
including glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen
equipment, spirometry, eye exams, etc.
- Dresses wounds and incisions, interprets physician's
instructions to patients, assists with emergencies, and performs
related tasks, as directed. o Collects lab specimens, including but
not limited to urine, blood and sputum, from patients for testing
and may perform waived laboratory tests on these specimens.
- Cleans treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using approved
manufacture wipes and/or solutions.
- Submits any received laboratory and radiology results to
medical providers and provides private practice results to VA for
scanning or scans results into patient's medical records after the
provider has reviewed.
- Inputs all patients' information into VISTA/CPRS o Completes
any and all clinical reminders "due" at the time of each patient
- May assist with front desk for check-in, check-out and phone
coverage. o Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA
providers, and facilities.
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on
self-management, prevention, wellness, related health issues and
healthy lifestyle choices. Advises in services available through
- Maintains confidentiality of veterans' data and
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Any/all other related duties as assigned.
- Compliance: Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of
Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care
(EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Clinical Outcomes: Remain focused on achieving excellent
clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Customer Service: Must provide excellent customer service to
each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional
atmosphere for our colleagues and veterans, ensuring needs and
expectations are consistently met. o Collaborates with Clinic
leadership to resolve veteran concerns or complaints.
- Enrollment Growth: Participate in the clinic's outreach events
to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Save & Recapture: Support patient enrollment and retention in
appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Strategic Initiatives: Embrace and support new initiatives,
whether clinical or operational.
- Diploma or certificate of an accredited program of practical or
vocational nursing as approved by the state.
- Minimum one-year experience as an LPN/LVN in a related primary
care or ambulatory care setting; government healthcare environment
preferred. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid,
unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any
U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Gardena , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!