Director of ADAS/AD Hardware
Company: Faraday Future
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company,
leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to
realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing
user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms
in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how
our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF,
we're creating something new, something connected, and something
with a true global impact.
As the Director of ADAS/AD Hardware in the ADAS/Autonomous
Driving team, you'll be responsible for all the computing units,
sensors and peripherals that constitute the hardware components of
the ADAS/AD system of the FF vehicle. You will lead a team of
hardware managers and engineers to drive the entire life cycle of
ADAS/AD hardware from concept to production launch in all our
vehicles, in close collaboration with Product Management, Product
Strategy, Systems & Software Engineering as well as Program
- Own and manage the entire ADAS/AD hardware system.
- Build and manage ADAS/AD hardware development and integration
team; meet development targets and project milestones.
- Drive make versus buy decisions for hardware based on market
trends and FF product strategy.
- Partner with Product Management to drive product requirements
and IP creation.
- Partner with Program Management to deliver programs on time and
- Partner with supply chain for supplier management: sourcing,
steering, monitoring, bug fixing, validation, escalation.
- Manage ADAS hardware release and integration (sensors, compute
units, wiring harness, etc.)
- Manage ADAS function, calibration, and system integration.
- Support diagnosis, EMC measures, software and hardware release
management, vehicle planning, homologation process.
- Manage the DFMEA process for All Electrical Modules/Components
and provide direction to Suppliers.
- Deliver the highest standards of product quality with strict
compliance to safety regulations.
- Manage department belongings in order to achieve all targets
(budget, recruiting, organization, international synchronization,
cost targets, timeline, deliverables).
- Advocate, incubate, and successfully execute to deliver
innovative product ideas.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer, or
- 5+ years of experience working in a similar role at an
automotive OEM, Tier1 or mobility startup.
- Strong experience in system design, hardware development and
validation, EE, automotive functional safety, etc.
- Strong understanding of ADAS/Autonomous Driving technologies,
industry trends, and supplier base.
- Strong understanding of ADAS/AD system topologies and vehicle
electronics related to ADAS/AD.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to
deliver complex and impactful hardware products.
- Strong understanding of Functional Safety from the perspective
of ADAS/AD systems.
- Good leadership experience: building, growing, nurturing and
managing high performance teams.
- Excellent English communication skills in written, spoken, and
- Masters degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer, or Mechanical
- Prior experience designing and building ADAS/AD systems.
- Strong understanding of software architectures related to
- Demonstrable ability to work within a multidisciplinary
organization with strong-willed, visionary leaders and driving
priorities through influence and knowledge, not authority.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking
enthusiasm, and driving personal vision.
- A genuine fascination for the ADAS/Autonomous Driving field and
a commitment to global chang
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- "Soul of Faraday" community outreach team
Keywords: Faraday Future, Gardena , Director of ADAS/AD Hardware, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!