Sr. Relationship Banker, Gardena, CA
- Requisition # 10042053-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Gardena, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 03/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients' best
interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to
understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're part
of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's
most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a
culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your
potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and
creating results is rewarded.
The Sr. Relationship Banker will develop new and existing
business and consumer banking relationships by proactively
soliciting new business from prospective clients and by contacting
present clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet
or exceed assigned monthly goals. Accountable for customer
satisfaction and retention. May be assigned a portfolio of clients.
Responsibilities within amount of time focused between sales and
service activities may fluctuate based on branch staffing and
market opportunity of assigned branch.
Management or Supervision: No
- Develop new business by researching and analyzing community
markets, analyzing and prioritizing clients to target, planning and
executing business development strategies and calling on existing
and potential clients, whether in person or over the phone.
- Proactively assess clients' financial information by completing
a Needs Assessment to determine total current and future financial
- Summarize and discuss the opportunities uncovered; recommend,
present and sell appropriate products and services.
- Interview loan applicants to elicit information, determine
appropriate loans, cross-sell opportunities, or communicate
decisions or recommendations; obtain and/or send proper
documentation and to resolve related customer issues.
- Makes face to face sales calls to the local community
- Refer clients as necessary to the appropriate banker or
department to cross-sell additional services or products.
- Proactively contact and consult with clients on a regular basis
to update the Needs Assessment information and to educate clients
on changes in the financial industry that would affect them and the
products and services they currently use.
- Proactively solicit and obtain referrals from existing clients,
internal departments and community contacts.
30% Customer Service and Operations:
- Assure proper handling of service requests and resolution of
- Maintain established customer service level expectations in
accordance with the Bank's and Manager's overall goals and
- Perform other duties as may be assigned, which may include
providing work guidance to lower level sales staff when
- Responsible for maintaining customer accounts by making
necessary account and signature card changes, securing additional
- Function as a back-up in operations as warranted by levels of
10% Risk and Compliance:
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational
and security policies and procedures, including compliance and
privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer
- Ensures customer information meets bank and regulatory
- Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions
and providing approvals.
- Generally requires 2+ years of direct working experience in all
financial service products and services including Small Business
Sales and Credit products, risk management procedures, etc.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to operate PC, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard
- Requires completion of all basic branch banking sales training
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration
Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants
for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage
originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the
federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing
under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines
that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be
required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act
background check and registration process. Failure to register
successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the
SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and
may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain