Water Distribution Superintendent (24.21R)
Company: American States Water Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Golden State Water Company is one of the largest investor-owned
water utilities in the United States. We have been all about water
for more than 80 years. Our team of professionals delivers
reliable, quality water and great service to customers in 75
communities across California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May serve as the Chief Water Distribution Operator for the
water distribution system(s) per California State Water Resources
Control Board (SWRCB) definition.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the water
distribution system, including main lines, valves, service lines
- Coordinates and administers the functions of customer service,
billing and collections, community relations, office operations,
and meter programs in the Customer Service Area.
- Supervises customer service business office and related
activities involving calls for service request, turn-ons and
turn-offs; billing, credit and collections; and field
- Coordinates service shut downs; notifies customers of water
outages and work to be performed.
- Develops and maintains an effective employee relations plan;
supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned
- Ensures all water distribution facilities, and operations and
maintenance programs, comply with applicable Federal, State and
local ordinances and regulations.
- Develops and oversees compliance with Operations & Maintenance
and Blanket Capital budgets for area of control.
- Participates in capital budget, general rate case and long-term
- Ensures the safety of all operations. Conducts safety meetings,
inspections and provides documentation related to all safety
- Communicates both orally and written, with local government
officials, company management and staff, customers, CPUC, and
- Acts for the General Manager as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- SWRCB Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certification (or
must obtain within 18 months).
- SWRCB Grade 1 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification
- Valid California driver's license.
- Five years of progressive water industry experience, of which
three years includes significant, advanced experience in water
distribution and customer service activities.
- Three years prior water distribution leadership experience
- Ability to support complex projects.
- Must possess demonstrated writing skills.
- Familiar with basic PC applications.
Qualities / Core Competencies:
- Demonstrates a strong level of accountability and
- Executes with discipline and urgency.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with special needs to perform the essential
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to
information that may be considered confidential, private and
sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be
required to both allow and pass a background check.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking,
lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching,
stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing,
color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of
Golden State Water Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, colors,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: American States Water Company, Gardena , Water Distribution Superintendent (24.21R), Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!