HOST - Carrows of Gardena
Company: Carrows Restaurants
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Reports To: Manager or Shift Lead on Duty
Position Summary: A host contributes to the success of Coco's and
Carrows by demonstrating exceptional hospitality at the beginning
and end of each guest's dining experience. In addition, a host
maintains the cashier and foyer areas in a clean and orderly manner
throughout their shift and assists servers with beverages,
delivering food and bussing tables.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met
to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
essential function. Team member must be certified in all 5 star
functions preceding and including Host/Cashier position.
- Provide a high level of hospitality to guests entering and
leaving the restaurant. Make an effort to recognize regular
- Answer the restaurant's phone and assist with guests'
- Warmly acknowledge and "Welcome" guests as they arrive at the
restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table, assist
guest with special seating requirements.
- Maintain an organized and accurate waiting list when immediate
seating is not available.
- Seat guest to standard based on the 5 star program.
- Assist servers with refilling beverages, delivering meals and
pre-bussing tables as needed.
- Cash out guest's check by accurately processing various forms
of payments and discounts.
- Inquire about the dining experience for each guest as they are
- Clean and reset tables as needed.
- Clean, rotate and stock pie case. Discard pies based on company
standard logging and reporting all waste to the supervisor or
manager on duty
- Actively promote the sale of whole pies and retail items as
guest's cash out. Suggestive selling is a must.
- Assist guests, servers and cooks with the production and
assembly of takeout orders.
- Assist with preparing and packaging pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance including personal hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to work.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with
coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify
management immediately of any guest complaint.
- Keep the foyer, cash area, restrooms and pie case neat,
organized, cleaned and stocked; complete side work during non-busy
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and
alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to quality guest service and hospitality.
- Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be
optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under varying degrees of
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability count
back change and follow recipes and
- Portions when preparing beverages.
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and understand
English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these
operations using units of United States money and weight
measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral, form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both positive
and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests, coworkers
and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Obtain and maintain required food handler and alcohol
service permits. WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is
required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time, up to 6 hours.
Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2 hours. Team
member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work
including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist.
Team member will occasionally push and pull and reach above the
shoulder. Team member will seldom be pushing/pulling, doing any
fine manipulation, kneeling, squatting or climbing. Team member
will continuously lift or carry 1-10 pounds; occasionally lift or
carry 11- 20 pounds.
Keywords: Carrows Restaurants, Gardena , HOST - Carrows of Gardena, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!