Company: Polar Power
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Polar Power is a small but rapidly growing company heavily
engaged in R&D, manufacturing, and marketing of energy and
cooling systems. We lead our industry in cutting edge technology.
Our customers are diverse and they have the most exciting projects
for us to work on. Because of the diversity of our product and
services, this position certainly does not have the same old
routine every day. Polar product line includes: * Solar
Photovoltaic Hybrid Systems,
* DC Generators for Military and Telecommunications,
* Hybrid Electric propulsion for Marine and Specialty Vehicles,
* Micro-Cogeneration. General Description: Our Applications
Engineer (AE) will serve as the main point of contact to the
customer for the design of Polar Power products and Value Added
through order placement. AE will ensure correct Hybrid System
and/or DC Generator components are chosen, accurately specified,
and applied to the customer's designs. AE will also be responsible
for confirming the order placement is made directly or through our
partners. Essential Functions: * Interact with customers to build
strong relationships with engineers, buyers and decision
* Provide technical presentations that promote the company's
* Assist with the design of Polar Power products on new programs as
well as advising engineers of the best practice of use/installation
of generators, solar arrays, batteries, etc...
* Work for and with a variety of strategic key customers within the
North America with limited travel.
* Build real relationships. Build and develop ongoing relationships
with existing clients.
* Comfortable managing existing client's account and performing
business development with existing accounts.
* Educate your customers on product alternatives, features and
benefits. Requirements: * BS degree preferred (technical - ME or
EE, advanced degree is a plus) or equivalent technical
* A solid engineering background with sales is a plus, technical
sales, and application engineering.
* Excellent strategic and conceptual skill sets.
* Ability to understand and communicate technical applications and
develop customer specific solutions, strong communication and
* Ability to multi-prioritize and be self-sufficient in a small
* Assist in pre-sales applications development to meet customer
requirements and sales objectives.
* Provide pre-sales technical expertise to the customer for the
resolution of customer applications inquiries to assist in the
close of sales; provided via direct phone support.
* Assists with creation of feasibility studies for customer
specific application requirements.
* Ensures deliverables (e.g., phone calls, charts, reports,
video/pictures, etc.) are met in a timely fashion.
* Provides post-sales applications support to meet customer
* Provides telephone and on-site engineering support for
applications related issues; escalates issues as necessary.
* 3+ years of experience, strong electromechanical knowledge.
* Excellent customer service skills, as well as proficient
communication skills, both written and verbal. The Ideal Candidate
Will: * Possess excellent oral and written communication
* Exercise good judgement and problem solving skills, with a strong
* Demonstrate an enthusiastic passion for customer service.
* Be team-oriented, courteous, accessible demeanor with leadership,
peers, colleagues, and the public. Compensation will be based on
experience and talent. Equal Employment Opportunity Polar Power
Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status,
medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Please send your resume to careers@ Please do not
call the office, as our decision-makers have extensive travel
schedules, we prefer you contact us by e-mail.
Keywords: Polar Power, Gardena , Engine Tech, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!