CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: November 21, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position Summary:Level One: Level one production
machinists/operators, under direct supervision, load and unload
parts in operation of 3-5 axis CNC mill or lathe machine cells to
produce complex machined aerospace parts. Level one machinists are
responsible for in process inspection of machined product, which
requires basic competencies in shop math, hand measuring tools and
documentation, as well as basic print reading. Level one machinists
are responsible for some deburr operations as well as basic
preventative machine maintenance, which includes coolant and lube
levels and area cleanliness. Typically 0-2 years of
experience.Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and
- Load and unload product to be machined in a number of fixtures
- Protect machines and machined product by following processes
and procedures such as part loading, being in control of the
machine, and safely transporting product over short distances.
- Perform and record in process inspection actions such as
measuring and validating part features in light of customer
supplied dimensional tolerances and specifications.
- Perform basic deburr operations such as edge breaking and light
surface blending using a number of deburr tools and media.
- Interact with production tracking tools such as Avante or E1 to
charge time to job orders and claim parts at the end of the
- Perform SPC as required.Required Skills:
- The ability to read and write English.
- An introductory competence in shop math such as working with
fractions and decimals.
- A basic knowledge of inspection tools and their proper
- A basic knowledge of hand tools and mechanical application
regarding nuts and bolts.
- A basic knowledge of part holding methods and procedures.
- A basic knowledge of deburr tools and methods.
- The ability to interact with computers and CNC controls at a
basic level.Required Experience:
- This position requires basic experience working with mechanical
processes and methods such as hand tools, and light equipment such
as saws, drills and pneumatic tools.
- 0-2 years of experienceLevel of Education:
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Gardena , CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift, Other , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!