Senior Loan Specialist
Company: First Republic
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Senior Loan Specialist
Century City, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we
offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private
business banking and private wealth management. We believe that
personal connections are everything and our success is driven by
the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll
always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and
underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide
exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We
support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan
process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending
experience to our clients.
Responsible for ensuring that all residential loans and are
analyzed, underwritten and processed in a timely manner while
achieving a high level of client service and maintaining all
regulatory requirements. Responsibilities primarily focus on
financial analysis, underwriting and relationship management.
Individual must have extensive mortgage underwriting experience and
a thorough understanding of the loan process from beginning to
What you'll do as a Senior Loan Specialist:
* Underwrite complex home loans and HELOCs for high net worth
* Analyze each loan file, ensuring the Loan Approval Worksheet (LAW
form), loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application,
preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market
and First Republic Bank loan program criteria and are accurately
* Review loan files within the company's paperless system for
completeness and proper classification/organization and identify
missing documentation or potential problems and generate needs
lists for clients, Relationship Managers and Client Services
* Reviews applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure
compliance with all Federal, State, investor requirements and bank
policies are met and upheld
* Communicate with Relationship Managers, and Client Services
Specialist on collecting information and documentation necessary to
finalize incomplete loan packages
* Maintains knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies
and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
* Maintains an open line of communication and correspondence
between involved parties. This includes and is not limited to
Borrower, Escrow, Title, ELC, RM, CS, Processor, Closer, Funder,
Appraisal Desk, Rate Lock Desk, Investor Support Desk and third
* Manage loans through closing and funding stage. Work with escrow
to satisfy all conditions and coordinate closings
* Ability to meet productivity expectations in a fast paced, high
volume environment with pipeline and conditions management, while
maintaining good quality and client satisfaction results
* Cross trains other team members, when applicable.
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department
functions & activities.
* Providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer
relationship is maintained and the highest possible level
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and
complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations
and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering
(i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank
policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4)
identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer,
and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that
enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* Underwriter Level III preferred
* 5 years' experience in underwriting and related analysis,
including experience with manually underwritten and/or
non-conforming loan amounts
* 3-5 years' experience in loan processing,
* Extensive work experience in residential real estate loan
underwriting is required.
* Experience reviewing complex financial documents such as personal
and/or business tax returns, K-1 schedules and financial
* Knowledge with entity formation docs and trust
* Expert-level knowledge of overall lending processes, including
underwriting, funding, and loan processing
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven
environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple
assignments and priorities is essential while delivering desired
* Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively
manage the expectations of multiple internal/external
* Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand
complex problems and recommend solutions.
* Strong knowledge of complex personal and business financial
analysis, tax returns and balance sheet analysis, including cash
* Effective written and verbal communication/presentation
* Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited
to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B
(Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home
Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure
(TRID), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit
Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with
the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer
Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA,
state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
* Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service
* Reading, detailed work, confidentiality, problem solving,
language, training, math skills, reasoning skills, written
communication, multiple concurrent tasks, constant
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must
be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in
* Language, oral communication, customer contact, ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
* Position involves sitting as well as walking or standing for
brief periods of time.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do
and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to
grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so,
then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to
learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service,
empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Keywords: First Republic, Gardena , Senior Loan Specialist, Other , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!