Data/ Specimen Technician -Los Angeles, CA.
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Data/ Specimen Technician - Los Angeles, CA.Position:--Contract
(3-6 months w/ possible
extension)--Salary:--$15-16/hr--Shift:--Full time; 1st shift,
Mon-Fri 10:30AM-6:30PMJob Summary--The Data/ Specimen Technician is
accountable for the handling/storing and processing of
irreplaceable clinical trial specimens. The technician will perform
a variety of tasks depending on the specific Specimen Management
Center Assistant level held and supports the various teams of the
Specimen Management. The technician is a liaison between Specimen
Management and the other laboratory.Responsibilities:
- Ensure that specimens are picked up from the appropriate
department, sorted, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate
temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Identification of problem samples and corrects routing of these
- Close and prepare SDS shipments.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to
be discarded and completing the discard process.
- Creation of new storage drawers for use in the registration
process and the ability to complete location moves in the SMART
- Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively
utilize freezer space.
- Perform basic freezer maintenance including but not limited
- Acts as a backup to the freezer coordinator.
- Monitor, respond to and resolve issues with alarming Specimen
Management units, and/or appreciate department, to ensure
regulatory compliance and monitor follow-up for corrective
- Accountable for initialing appropriate freezer documentation
- Understand the pull list and pull the specimens from the
- Understand and apply the shipping instructions and pack the
specimens as per requirements.
- Generation and application of specialized labels, to include
mini labels and/or computer generated bar codes.
- Perform any QC needed during the process of pulling and
- Must be able to QC shipments shipped thru SMART.
- QC packages and shipping documents.
- Stock supplies from warehouse.
- Ship packages thru SMART.
- Ship pass-through and Transfer Test packages to
- Generate and download EPLs from SMART.
- Generate emails and insert EPLs.
- Be able to accurately and efficiently Prescan, Register,
Process, Pull, and Pack specimens using SMART.
- Completion of beginning and end of day duties, as
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform all
departmental and interdepartmental SOP's as written.
- Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and
maintains own training file and required
- AS in a Scientific discipline. BS in Science--preferred--
- Minimum 1 year applicable work experience
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Dynamic attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take up challenges
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use several software packages i.e. Word, Excel,
AccessApply Today!-- Questions?----Please call Airika at
562-206-2707 or email at firstname.lastname@example.orgTo schedule a
time to connect, please click the link to add your availability to
Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you
noticed.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Gardena , Data/ Specimen Technician -Los Angeles, CA., Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!