Plant Chief Engineer
Company: Pipeline Health
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Job Title: Plant Chief Engineer Job Summary: Reports to the
Director of Facilities and Safety and is responsible for
maintaining a functional physical plant, keeping at or below
department budget, prioritizing administrative and Engineering
Maintenance Work Orders and PM's, and maintaining TJC compliance in
the areas of EOC standards - Utilities Management, Fire Prevention
Management, Life Safety Management, and PI reporting to EOC and
PI/Quality Committees, and other regulatory components including
Titles 22 and 24, OSHA and NFPA, ASHRAE and other regulating
bodies. Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the daily operations of physical plant and
- Responsible for plant department functions including:
preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, predictive
maintenance and projects.
- Assists the Director of Facilities to run administrative and
task related projects such as regulatory documentation collection
- Assists the Director of Facilities to maintain TJC compliance
in the areas of EOC standards - Utilities Management, Fire Safety
Management and other regulatory components including Titles 22 and
24, OSHA and NFPA, NIOSH and ANSI.
- Reviews, revises, generates and ensures plant compliance with
policies, procedures, and system practices.
- Conducts regularly scheduled plant rounds.
- Reports daily specified plant data to department director at
morning meetings. Behavioral Standards:
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every day
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal
workforce and external customers. Communication/Knowledge:
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication
of information in a manner that is understood by all.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve, and carry-out duties
to ensure the optimal outcome.
- Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient
- Critical thinker-able to analyze data/information and put
resolution into action.
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Knowledgeable in plant operations systems and processes to
include boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, electrical systems, med
gases systems, pumps and motors.Collaboration/Teamwork:
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships
with internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and
dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to
collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the
- High School Diploma and Minimum of five years of hospital plant
engineering experience, preferred. Licensure/Certifications:
- IS.100, IS.200, IS.700, IS.800 if the person will be considered
to take a HICS position during Disasters or Disaster Drills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in
order to be considered.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly
required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds,
with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be
intact to perform duties.
Keywords: Pipeline Health, Gardena , Plant Chief Engineer, Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!