Portfolio Analyst I
Company: Luther Burbank Savings
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you passionate about helping clients with
their financial welfare? Have you been looking for an opportunity
to make a difference? At Luther Burbank Savings, our mission is to
improve your financial future – whether you are a customer,
employee, or shareholder. You're worth more here. We are looking
for a Portfolio Analyst who will be responsible for monitoring and
performing various tasks, activities, and analyses associated with
the Bank's income property loan portfolio that will aid the bank in
evaluating credit risks. What will your day look like? You
- Collect financial information in accordance with the loan
- Review other non-financial related loan covenants and initiates
follow-up efforts with borrowers to satisfy loan covenant
- Review and analyze operating statements, rent rolls, schedule
of capital expenses, borrower/guarantor financial statements, tax
returns, bank statements, and schedule of real estate owned.
- Calculate debt service coverage ratio, global cash flow, and
risk grade scores for income property real estate loans with the
use of existing platforms.
- Recommend risk grade changes to management in accordance with
Managed Assets Council's risk grading policies and procedures.
- Acquire and process recent inspections, property valuations (if
needed), and property profiles to determine the reasonability of
the collateral's current LTV, physical condition, and vesting of
- Inquire with the respective county or vendor in determining the
current status of property taxes and hazard insurance.
- Prepare narratives to describe the results of loan reviews and
risk grade recommendations to management.
- Enter various data points into the bank's core servicing system
and scan all supporting electronic documents into the bank's
network drive or cold storage.
- Manage correspondence, answers phone calls, and follow up with
electronic mail and voice messages internally and externally in a
- Assist in the preparation of loan review files selected for
internal/external audits and regulatory examinations. What you will
need for this position: Luther Burbank Savings requires that all
new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition
of employment, and proof of vaccination must be provided prior to
the start of employment.
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of property operating
information, guarantor financial statements, Excel spreadsheets,
loan/financial covenants, loan documentation, and real estate
- Works well in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment. Who
we are: We are a state-chartered, FDIC-insured bank specializing in
originating multifamily and residential real estate loans funded by
retail savings deposits. We have an established reputation for high
integrity, responsive delivery, and competitive pricing. Since
opening our doors in 1983, we have recorded profits consecutively
since our second quarter of operations. Consequently, we have grown
to a $7 billion institution with branches and loan offices in
California, Oregon, and Washington. Here at LBS, we foster an
environment that encourages our team members to grow and develop
their careers. What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO,
dental, and vision
- Life/AD&D & Long Term Disability Benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Matching 401(k)
- Vacation and Sick benefits
- Personal Holiday
- Paid Bank Observed Holidays Luther Burbank Savings is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more
about the categories of personal information collected and the
purpose for which the information will be used, please visit our
CCPA Employee Privacy Notice
Keywords: Luther Burbank Savings, Gardena , Portfolio Analyst I, Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!