Material Handler(Night Shift)
Company: Sit n Sleep Inc
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Job DescriptionThe material handler is responsible for
distributing the necessary materials to the appropriate locations,
i.e. customers, vendors and drivers. This may include pulling
inventory and moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders,
and unloading product deliveries by pulling them off of trucks and
putting them on shelves.Essential functions
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks,
storage areas, and manufacturing areas.
- Identify and label materials, and record their locations in the
warehouse/on the shelves to maintain inventory.
- Inspect product and sanitize and get ready for sale.
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their
location, then pulling, packing, and loading them.
- Perform and report cycle counts.
- Accompany drivers to make deliveries and pickups to customers,
stores, and vendors.
- Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Operate trucks, forklifts, and other equipment to move
- Complete a forklift inspection as outlined on the forklift
- Responsible for ensuring all areas of the Distribution Center
are clean and organized and product is safely and securely
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Team player who works together with multiple teams to create
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook,
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as
recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.Supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team, participate in their
professional development, conduct performance reviews and goal
- May train, and manage subordinate staff. Work environment
- Typical office environment with standard equipment and
- Position requires work at a computer/video display terminal and
desk for extensive periods of time.
- Must Be Willing to Work Overtime, Holidays and Rotating
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a
safe manner is required for this position this position.
- Requires regular
twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged
periods at a stationary/mobile work station.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 50 pounds with
appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person. Sit ‘n
Sleep will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a
disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a
job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or
others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by
reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue
hardship to Sit ‘n Sleep. Applicants who require reasonable
accommodations should submit a written request may contact the
Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com or via
telephone at 310-608-6838. Travel required
- No travel requiredRequired education and experienceEducation
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Experience
- Prior experience working in a warehouse setting or in
logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment
preferred (order picker, forklift driver, receiving clerk, quality
inspection, inventory control etc.)
- Preferred experience driving cherry picker forklift
- Preferred experience with RF scanners
- Must be able to work well in a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with attention to details
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read, write and to follow instructions, and work
independently with little guidance
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability
to bend and to lift heavy materials (50 pounds).
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including holidays, nights,
overtime and weekends. Training Requirements
- Must be able to become Forklift Certified within the first 30
days of employmentWork authorization requirementsSit ‘n Sleep
participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program.Affirmative
Action (AA)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement Sit ‘n
Sleep is an AA/ EEO employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information,
age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex,
pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition),
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled
veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO
protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state,
or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or
more of the foregoing.Other dutiesPlease note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. This is to acknowledge
that I have received a copy of my job description and I understand
that it contains information about my role and responsibilities. I
agree to read and comply with the job description provided to me. I
understand that the Company retains the right to make decisions
involving employment as needed in order to conduct its work in a
manner that is beneficial to the employees and the Company. I
understand that this job description supersedes and replaces any
and all prior job descriptions provided to me.I understand that
except for the policy of at-will employment, the Company reserves
the right to revise, delete and add to the provisions of this job
description at any time without further notice. I understand that
no oral statements or representations can change the provisions of
this Job Description. I understand that this job description is not
intended to create contractual obligations with respect to any
matters it covers and that this job description does not create a
contract guaranteeing that I will be employed for any specific time
period.THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER. THIS MEANS THAT
REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION, THE COMPANY OR
I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY
REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NOTHING IN THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION OR IN ANY DOCUMENT OR STATEMENT, WRITTEN OR ORAL, SHALL
LIMIT THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT-WILL. NO OFFICER,
EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY IS AUTHORIZED TO ENTER
INTO AN AGREEMENT—EXPRESS OR IMPLIED—WITH ME OR ANY EMPLOYEE FOR
EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME. ANY AGREEMENT TO
EMPLOYMENT FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME WILL BE PUT INTO WRITING
AND SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT or CEO OF THE COMPANY.
Keywords: Sit n Sleep Inc, Gardena , Material Handler(Night Shift), Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!