Production Superintendent II
Company: Nissin Foods
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Production Superintendent II ensures the
safety and quality of the products, attains the standard production
cases and the standard yield. This role maintains the required
documentation of the line records, and maximizes the condition of
the machineries on the line assigned with the utilization of the
labor force given, while ensuring the safe operation of the
production processing line.Essential functions and dutiesIn
general, the Superintendent II is assigned to operate a line;
however, on the temporary basis (a day or two), the Superintendent
II may be assigned to oversee a shift as deemed necessary by
- Ensure the safety and quality of the products that the line
- Maintain and ensure the safe operation of the line.
- Produce the standard numbers of cases as required.
- Attain the standard yield of the products per company
- Generate and file all reports that are required by Standard
- Ensure that all process control reports are properly and timely
filled, and they do not indicate any abnormal figures. If there are
abnormal figures, take prompt actions to correct the
- Utilize the Superintendent III in the most effective manner to
pursuit and full fill responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage the Utility operators and machine operators in the most
effective manner to pursuit and fulfill responsibilities as
assigned.Quality of the Products
- Assume command of the line upon entering the plant and compare
the actual products to the standards as posted on the daily
- Confirm the noodle thickness reported by the Menki
- Confirm the amount of Kansui per cwt that you are currently
- Confirm the noodle counts of each row.
- Confirm the cross weight of fried noodles by weighing groups of
10 consecutive noodles.
- Confirm the fryer vat temperatures (1, 2, 3, 4 & 5) against the
- Confirm the set point of the heat exchangers
- Confirm the circulation pump pressure.
- Confirm the main steam pressures before the motor valve.
- Confirm the main, secondary steam pressures and steam pressures
to the steamer
- Confirm the soup start up tests.
- Confirm the date codes of cups, sleeves, packages and
- Confirm the case code of the pallet slip
- Confirm the pallet type, pallet patterns of the productsSafe
- Conduct daily safety checks and complete the checklist
- Operators shall NOT be placed on a job without proper trainings
and without signing training completion acknowledgement
- Enforce the safety procedures.
- Conduct safety rule education at least once per month and
document training in the booklet given to the Superintendent II,
Superintendent I and Chief Superintendent.Standard Number of
CasesIt is one of the essential duties of the Superintendent who is
delegated to operate a line to attain the standard production
cases.When there is no machine break down, the standard number of
cases will be achieved without making any special effort. The only
time when the line should be stopped is when line operators make
operational mistakes.In order to maintain the machineries on a line
at the good working condition;
- He or she must inspect machineries and if substandard
- File work orders with the Maintenance Department.
- Failure to file work orders indicates that the Maintenance
department was not requested to repair the machinery/equipment in
- If the Superintendent is not sure of know how to describe the
area or parts needing repair, pictures of the problem area are
required to be attached to the work order.
- The Superintendent must make certain that no substandard
maintenance has been performed.
- This role determines if the repairs are substandard based on
the losses and the additional labor required at the position.
- If the same area or parts malfunctions often, then the repairs
- Make sure that all temporary maintenance work does not turn
into permanent fixes until the machinery/equipment malfunctions
- Mark a date when the temporary repairs are done by the
- Report the temporary repairs that remain sustained for more
than one calendar week.At the end or the beginning of the shift,
the Superintendent II checks the cleanliness of the line that
he/she is supervising.
- If the machineries are left dirty, parts, bushings, bearings,
rod ends, chains and etc., will prematurely wear out.
- If the machineries are dirty, the Superintendent II schedules
cleaning of the line with his/her manager.Standard YieldsIt is one
of the essential duties of the Superintendent who is delegated to
operate a line to attain the standard yield.There are only two
factors which prevent us from attaining the standard yield.
- Line losses.
- Due to operational errors.
- Due to substandard machinery conditions.
- Substandard weight control – Please refer to the Production
Manager for instruction on how to monitor and control average
- Due to the lack of the average weight control
- Due to excessively high standard deviation, which forces us to
set the average weight higherDocumentationSOP (Standard Operation
Procedures) and Process Control Procedures specify the reports,
which must be completed. These documents are either legal documents
which Nissin Foods must generate and keep for the regulatory
agencies to inspect or process documents, which Nissin Foods
utilizes to record the condition of the process to ensure the
quality of the products. Examples of such reports are HACCP reports
(Metal Detector Check, Weight Checker Reports and Fryer Temperature
Reports), SSOP reports, Allergen Reports, Documents, which are
essential to the recall program and others.Failure to ensure that
these documents are properly filed out disqualifies the incumbent
from the line Superintendent role.In order to ensure that reports
are properly filled, perform the following tasks during production.
- Check if all required documents are in the hand of machine
operators who are designated to complete them.
- Check if reports are properly completed, i.e., date, line, and
name of the machine operator, shift and machine code if
- Check at least once (preferable every 2 hours) if they are
filling the reports and place your initial whenever you checked
them.Utilization of immediate subordinates
- Make sure that the utility operator is relieving machine
operators or coordinating the relief of the machine operators.
- Make sure that a Superintendent III is not relieving general
assemblers. Superintendent III is assisting the Superintendent II
to manage the line.Superintendent ResponsibilitiesDirectly
supervises employees on the production line. Carries out
Superintendent responsibilities in accordance with the company's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems.To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or
Experience: Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering; or three +
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.Since Nissin's entry into the US in the
1970's, our flagship brands, Cup Noodles and Top Ramen have held a
fond place in US pop culture even before ramen became the trendy
dish it is today. It started in post-World War II Japan amidst dire
food shortages and inspired our founder, Momofuku Ando, to invent
instant ramen in 1958. In order to continue this legacy of
innovation, we're looking for noodle lovers who have a passion to
disregard the status quo, seek continuous growth and love being
part of something special.
- We want to cultivate a company culture that keeps people
excited about our mission and thoroughly engaged.
- Place the right people in the right positions and provide the
resources to help them in their current positions while setting
them up for success to grow into future roles.
- Offer competitive pay and benefits since we want everyone to
work to live (and not the other way around).We invite you to join
in our mission to evolve how people think about instant ramen,
expand its appeal and be a part of this $4 billion global company
that was built from a simple block of noodles.Nissin Foods (USA)
Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your
disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Nissin Foods
(USA) Co., Inc. Human Resources Representative.
Keywords: Nissin Foods, Gardena , Production Superintendent II, Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!