Logistics Coordinator (Bilingual Japanese)
Company: Transcosmos America, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
JOB SUMMARY Transcosmos group is a leading digital
transformation partner, a publicly traded company in Japan. We
provide solutions and support for contact centers, digital
marketing, ecommerce, and BPO in 34 countries. Learn more about us
at www.transcosmos.comThis position will be hired by an employment
agency. Under the supervision logistics managers, process orders,
communicate with warehouses, and coordinate purchasing,
distribution, forecasting and planning services. Directly works
with logistics vendors, clients, logistics systems and performs
daily operations for B2C and B2B.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in
English and Japanese.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Experience in working with EDI feed and logistics
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Exercise independent judgment and basic reasoning skills.
- Coordinate and complete multiple projects with oftentimes
limited deadline dates.
- Familiarity with supply chain management system such as UPS and
Fedex a plus.
- Familiarity with ecommerce marketplace systems such as Amazon
Seller Central or Amazon Vendor Central a plus.
- E-commerce project management software programs such as Shopify
or Magento an added plus.PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Oversee the entire workflow. From order entry, tracking,
customer service to payment collection.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or
responsibilities regarding specific logistics strategies.
- Process orders and EDI feeds. Maintain accuracy of orders and
- Provide excellent customer service and serve as a liaison.
Promptly resolve issues such as returns, warranty, damaged and
- Communicates with shipping carriers for pickup and delivery
- Prepare various reports for management review.
- Coordinate with customers and stores regarding orders and
- Ensure that payments are made on time.
- Communicate with other departments and aid as necessary.
- Report any conflicts that may arise to management and aid.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and customer
- Develop and maintain demand planning order forecasts
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as
- Assure that specific customer requirements, such as internal
reporting or customized transportation metrics are followed
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems,
imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Recommend improvements to internal or external logistics
systems or processes.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection,
qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance
with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures
for product transit or delivery.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of
cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or
- Assure that implemented policies or procedures for logistics
activities are accurately followed.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with
business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order
management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes,
such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as
transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or
logistics quality management.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the
most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain
efficiency or sustainability.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or
suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics
marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve
efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Perform inventory count and maintain accuracy of inventory.
Investigate any discrepancies and report the root cause.
QUALIFICATIONSHigh school diploma or equivalent.1 to 2-year work
experience with order entry, customer service, and communication
with warehouses. -WORK CONDITIONSStandard office. Sitting for a
long period of time, typing, speaking, answering phones, walking,
bending, light-lifting, and driving required. Occasional visits to
local warehouses and clients may be required. Some overtime may be
Keywords: Transcosmos America, Inc., Gardena , Logistics Coordinator (Bilingual Japanese), Professions , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!