Counter Sales Associate
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: October 8, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer
service Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding
accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to
fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system
and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy
information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications
(provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and
making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications &
Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity
with Eclipse preferred.
- Knowledge of HD Supply construction and industrial
- Industry Experience. PRID PRID150 Job Locations US-CA-Gardena
Posted Date 2 months ago (7/24/2020 12:19 PM) Job ID 2020-38668
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location :
Postal Code 90248 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Gardena , Counter Sales Associate, Sales , Gardena, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!